Kin claims slain bodies of CPP-NPA Terrorist Squad Leader and other


CAMP PERALTA, Jamindan, Capiz – Two members of the CPP-NPA Terrorist who died and were left behind during a firefight with government forces from the Army’s 94th Infantry Battalion June 21, 2019 in Sta Catalina, Negros Oriental were identified and claimed by their families two days after the incident.

Antonio Cardinas alias Marlo who is a resident of Sitio Avocado,Brgy Talalak, Sta. Catalina, Negros Oriental was claimed by his wife Joy Cardinas. Alias Marlo was a squad leader of Southeast Front, Komiteng Rehiyon-Negros. On the other hand, Warlito Sotabento who was a member of the same squad was claimed by his parents; Devinia and Apolinario Sotabento.

Major General Dinoh Dolina, Commander of the Army’s 3rd Infantry Division reiterated its call to the remaining members of the communist-terrorist group. “I am once again calling on to our brothers and sisters to please lay down your arms and go back to your families. Your Army along with other government agencies are very much willing to help you. ‘Yung mga kasama niyo sa armadong pakikibaka aabandunahin lamang kayo kapag kayo namatay na, kapag wala nang pakinabang sa kanila. This incident is just one of the many where the same thing happened. They do not care about you when you’re already dead.”

Dolina also pointed out that until now, the families have not received any assistance from the communist-terrorist group or any allied organizations that they wasted their life for. “We regret that their death happened due to deceptions and false promises of this group. That is why I am urging the people especially the farmers to be wary of the deceptive tactics of the CPP-NPA Terrorist for they are vulnerable targets of their recruitment activities. They are just taking advantage of your economic condition to advance their selfish and bloody interest”.

It can be recalled that the CPP-NPA staged an attack against a CAFGU Detachment at Sitio Kakha, Brgy. Talalak, Sta. Catalina, Negros Oriental on June 21, 2019 where two bodies of the aforementioned individuals were recovered by the troops upon scouring the area after a 20-minute exchange of fire.