CAMP CAPINPIN, Tanay, Rizal – Combined forces of soldiers and police have
recovered incriminating evidence on the Makabayan Bloc’s underground connection to CPP-NPA after an encounter in Brgy Gapasan, Magsaysay, Occidental Mindoro that resulted to the death of a female NPA terrorist on Monday.
This came after soldiers of 4IB recovered one 9mm pistol, three IEDs, one rifle grenade and subversive documents of Bayan Muna, Anakpawis, Bayan, and Anakbayan whose pamphlets are with the NPA’s.
Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Arbolado, Commanding Officer of 4IB said the war
materials that his soldiers recovered from the NPAs “supported the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict or NTF ELCAC’s claims on the controversial issue against the Makabayan Bloc’s underground connection to the terrorist organizations.”
Ltc. Arbolado added that the NPA terrorists that the troops encountered belong to Platoon Serna of the NPA Sub Regional Military Area 4D’s MAV which terrorizes the hinterland communities of the province.
“We acted upon a concerned citizen’s tip about the presence of an armed group who were coercing the people to support and provide shelter to the insurgents whom we previously engaged with.”
The identity of the dead NPA terrorist is still for validation and it will be released once confirmed by the former rebels and the intelligence community.
Colonel Jose Augusto Villareal, Commander of 203rd Brigade that has operational jurisdiction over Mindoro, said there were no casualties recorded on the government side.
“No words will ever be enough to express our disgust over the Makabayan Bloc’s unacceptable act in conniving with the NPA terrorists which blatantly pushes our countrymen off a cliff of tragic deaths here in Mindoro and other parts of our country,” added Villareal.
“We will ensure the dead NPA rebel’s remains will only be handed over to those legally authorized to claim their bodies so that they will be given the last respects that every human being deserves instead of being desecrated.”
It can be recalled that there have been numerous instances in the past when the bodies of NPAs who died in encounters were retrieved by posers pretending to be families and were paraded and used as a propaganda tool to advance their so-called “ideology” under the guise of being “martyrs of the revolution.”
Major General Greg T Almerol, Commander of the Philippine Army’s 2nd Infantry Division, strongly condemned the Makabayan Bloc’s alliance in aiding the NPA terrorists to further their atrocities in this part of the country.
With optimism, he added that the “AFP-PNP, as well as the local government unit’s close collaboration, coordination, and partnership, will be the game-changer in our quest for lasting peace, prosperity and development which every Filipino citizen truly deserves.”
He also expressed his gratitude to the residents who alerted the government troops of the rebels’ whereabouts which helped the security forces to achieve this tactical victory, while assuring them that the government will continue to actively seek peace while protecting every citizen to ensure a bright and safe future for the country.
“We do not rejoice in killing our fellow Filipinos, however, we have a solemn duty to protect the greater number of peace-loving citizens of our country.”
Recently, the military is very vocal in their call for the remaining NPA terrorists to lay down their arms, return to the folds of the law, avail the benefits from E-CLIP and join the government’s solution to the problems that our country is facing because nobody ever escapes the arms of the law.
All available military assets as well as AFP-PNP checkpoints are on high alert in support of the ongoing pursuit operations against the fleeing NPA terrorists.